Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grade 3

Here I am again using that dreaded blue! Then to top it off the other dominant color in the photos is orange (bleh), not a fan of either. I do however like Heavenly blue so I decided to try and make it work by random stamping (with flowers from MANY stamp sets) with dutch blue, orange and heavenly blue. I was very surprised and happy with what it turned out to look like! The picture on the left with the yellow paper and picture framed with blue is what Danica did in the beginning of grade three so I just used it for my annual Back to School page.

I then used the scraps to make some cards - the random stamped paper reminded me of pj's so this is what I came up with (a good chance to use my new PJ bella too!). The teddy bear has brown fun flock on it (have had that forever and ever and never used it!).

Now using the Close to My Heart Sleepover stamp set this is what I came up with. The nightie and brush are on foam squares.



2 comments:

Toni said...

The orange and light blue seem so festive to me, I'm loving the combo! The pjbella, she's what every woman looks like when the DH is on a business or fishing trip, I think, teddy bear included! I love that card ... I'm a scrap saver, have it all sorted by color in little drawers ... I like how you show us what you do with the scraps from larger projects.

Anonymous said...

I saw your color challenge on the CTMH BB...funny that we ended up using the same Jammybella! Here's my card...since I didn't want to get killed on the BB for posting non-CTMH stuff, lol...okay, I'll be nice now.

http://sparkplug17.livejournal.com/305029.html

It was fun to use these colors! Thanks for the challenge and have a great day hun. Glad to hear that the kiddo is feeling better.

01 09 10