Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Holidays

I so wanted to use the cute Hannah image that Eulanda sent me. But this cute little image kept calling me. I hadn't used this weeks sketch from CPS and I thought he would work perfectly! Here is the sketch: Here is what I came up with. I used my copics to color him in, red fun flock on the hat, white liquid applique and glitter on the hat trim, colored glitter on the lights in the image, and liquid glass on his nose and on the side lights. The side lights are on foam squares. I so love how this turned out!
Stamps: Image (Whipper Snapper); So Sweet Seasons and December Word Puzzle (CTMH)
Side lights are made with the Cricut cartridge Doodlecharms and the light string is black waxy flax (CTMH).
Paper: CTMH


13 comments:

Jo Austin said...

lovely lovely lovely..

I need some whipper snapper stamps or images! They're soooo cute!

your card is ace. I love it.!

Tiff said...

Cute card!

Jena said...

Oh, my that is DARLING!!! He is just so cute - love all the lights! TFS!

Jenny said...

His is too cute!! Thanks for posting a comment on my card over at my blog!

Catherine said...

love, love, love how you use this sketch with this stamp...love it! oh did i say that already =)

Barb said...

What an adorable card! I love all the details you put on it. Great use of the Liquid Glass! TFS

Carolyn said...

OK this is just to adorable! I have to have that stamp. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love him and the strand of lights.

Eulanda said...

Love the xmas bulb idea. Off to my LSS store to get them to order me a Quikutz xmas bulb!

AaronB said...

How cute is that??!!! I like yours much better than mine!! Very creative using the lights instead of the flowers!

jo said...

This is just too cute Laurel! Love your take on the sketch!

Becca Nelson said...

Great card! That is a great take on the sketch! Really fun.

Charity Hassel said...

what a darling card! thanks for using the cps sketch!

01 09 10