Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monkey Mike Happy Birthday

I found another sketch challenge on the MFT section of SCS. Here is the sketch:
Here is my card. It is also for the OCC challenge to make a birthday card and would also qualify for the Verve challenge this week - I pulled out my dusty DP that I have had forever and hardly use! I made this for one of the kids in my grade one class this year so I kept it simple (no sewing - wow!). The Palm Tree, cupcake and sentiment tag are on foam squares. I colored it in with my copics. Stamps: Monkey Mike and Palm Tree (High Hopes); Cupcake (Inkadinkadoo); Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Paper: CTMH
Ribbon and safety pin: Outdoor Denim - CTMH


7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is so cute! I love that image!

Kathi Carlson said...

This has got to be one of the cutest monkey stamps I've ever seen. Love your card. The bright colors are awesome! TFS!

Catherine said...

Laurel, your card is too stinking cute, gotta love that monkey =)

Carolyn said...

Love it! Your cards are way too cute! love em all girlie

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so sweet, thanks for playing.

Carolina said...

Oh is he ever sweet - love it!

Jenn said...

Oh so cute!!! Your first grader will love it! :D

01 09 10