Friday, April 10, 2009

Turtle's birthday wishes

With the weather being sunny, I set out to work on my flower gardens (well more like shrub garden, no time to dead head flowers!). Anyhow, filled up a wheelbarrow full or rocks and weeds and found out there was a flat tire. I managed to get rid of that load but , unfortunately unable to do anymore.... so I guess I just had to head to the scraproom.

I used this weeks SCS sketch challenge for this card. It went together quickly and easily. I paper pieced part of the turtle and also used copics. I then painted her with Shimmerz. Pattern Paper: Upsy Daisy; CTMH
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: Stampingbella; Papertrey Ink
Ink: CTMH
Ribbon: Papertrey
Sparkle dots: Stampingbella
Markers: copics
Liquid Applique: CTMH
Shimmerz

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is adorable! I love that polkadot paper.

Jenn said...

Very cute! Love how you stitched the ribbon...it looks awesome! :)

Sarah said...

I am loving the stitched ribbon, it looks so good. I have never used Shimmerz, I will have to go Google it.
Fantabulous card!

Unknown said...

Love every bit of the card! Sometimes a flat tire is a GOOD thing when it helps you get back to the scraproom.

Rose said...

This turtle is too cute!! Love the card :-)

Crystal said...

Love the card...especially the stitched ribbon. Looks great!

Denise said...

Too cute! Love the stitched ribbon!!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

There's that little birthday turtle again! Cute, cute card!!

01 09 10