Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby

I have a pounding headache (for at least a week now) and can barely hear anything. I took today off to go to the doctor, I think it is another sinus infection. I am very tired but plan on playing a bit in my craft room in between naps!

The Card Patterns sketch for this week: Lauren's Color Challenge:
My Card, which also incorporated the OCC challenge to incorporate a sentiment as a focal point on a card. Finally this is also for the C.R.A.F.T Challenge which is create something to do with 'new' - for mine it is a new baby. Four challenges in one card, nice! I used some new goodies on this card. I just got the new MME paper pack and the Childhood stamp set (CTMH) and they just seemed to be what I needed. I knew I wanted to use the MME paper and played around until I had something I liked! I punched out the sentiment circle and adhered it to a chipboard circle (I cut it out of a coaster with my sizzix) to make my own chipboard element!


Pattern Paper: MME; CTMH
Cardstock: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH (Intrinsic Backgrounds; Childhood)
Ink: CTMH
Ribbon: CTMH
Buttons: PTI
Die Cut: MME
Coaster: stash
staples: office supply

19 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Wonderful card! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you're better soon!!!

jacque4u2c said...

GURL! We love seeing your creations - because they always ROCK!!! But please take care of yourself!

Sarah said...

This is a WONDERFUL card....I love the paper and the color...
Get better soon!

~amy~ said...

super baby card...hope that youa re feeling better!

Jamie Harder said...

Love, love, love (yup a whole lot of love) for this card!!

Dana Gustafson said...

What a lovely baby card. I love all the layers and textures you have going here. So pretty and so glad you could play along with LAuren's challenge this week. COme back again!

Cindy Lee said...

That is one sweet baby card! Love it!

papertrails leaver said...

such a great sentiment! Completely true! Cute card!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!! Love the chipboard idea-Hope you're feeling better!

AKiteFlier said...

Laurel this is simply adorable. What a darling baby card - way to rock the color challenge! Hope you'll play along again - thanks for playing this week!

Unknown said...

How SWEET!! Love this :) That sentiment is great too!! Beautiful...

Saskia said...

Sweet, sweet card!

Thanks for taking part at C.R.A.F.T-challenge!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Your baby card is just darling!

Denise said...

Oh Laurel, this is precious!!!!

Julie said...

A gorgeous card, the papers are fab. Thanks for joining us this week at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge.
Julie x

Tamara said...

What a perfect baby card. The colours are nicely muted, but still provide some colour and happiness to this special time of a new child.

whoistracy said...

This is so pretty!! Love the soft colors and the patterns you mixed.

Erin Smetak said...

Your card is just beautiful!!!!

Congrats on the design team pick too!!!

Marjorie said...

I love this card! So fresh and pretty :D I have to say I love the dress that inspired this color challenge too, how cute would that be on my tot, lol!

01 09 10