Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Smile Be Happy

My second post for today, please scroll down!

The Weekend Sketch Challenge hosted by Cambria For my card I have had this idea in my head for a long time (the saying and the happy/sad face) I just hadn't done it yet. The sketch and the Challenge from Bitten by the Bug gave me the push I needed! My dad is kind of an old grump. He really is a good guy deep down but definately voices opinions! The only one who can get away with calling him a grump and have him laugh about it is ME.... hence the idea for the card. His birthday is June 8th, I can't wait to give it to him! All supples are from Close to My Heart except the cricut items.
The inside. The face and sentiment are on foam squares.


Pattern Paper: Animal Cookies
Cardstock: White Daisy; Black; Dutch Blue; Tulip; Honey
Stamp: Library Cards
Ink: Archival Black
Font: Hippo
Ricrac
Cricut: Wild Card (happy/sad face; smile); Walk in My Garden (be happy)

14 comments:

Nellie Mae said...

Ha ha!! So funny!!! Great work!!

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love that Animal Cookies paper. So bright and happy!

Sarah said...

Love this...what a great card!

Carla Harrah said...

To funny. My dad could use that card too! LOL!
Great work!

Rose said...

LOL!!! this should bring a smile to his face if only for the day!! great card :)

Jamie Harder said...

Ha ha!! I love it!!!

Leslie said...

Great card.
Leslie

Denise said...

LOL, what a cute card. Love the paper choice and all the colors.

Regina Easter said...

how adorable...

Carolyn said...

Too cute! I giggled as you discribed your dad. Reminded me of "Grumpy old Men". I'm sure he's a gr8 daddy... but you made me LOL
He'll get a kick out of it. :)

Jennifer said...

this is definitely worth at least a chuckle! very original.

Bananastamper said...

Super cute card - love the bright colors, the happy faces and the story about your Dad! Aren't Dads just the best!

Shanna

Memories of Time said...

LOL... PERFECT! What an awesome, fun card! Thanks for playing along! Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

HAhaha! Too funny! This is a great card, as always, and I love the use of the Animal Cookies paper!

01 09 10