Sunday, July 19, 2009

What?

I have wanted to do a mini album for a long time, but for some reason was intimidated by them. Well first Kristine of Creative Scrappers started a new blog called Creative Mini Albums. Then I thought I'd play a bit and use one of the board books (I have lots - I got them all for about $3!) I bought a few years ago, because I wanted to alter them somehow. My first attempt at a mini album was my 'green' one for the Moxie Fab Challenge. Well I must say I caught the mini album bug. I have an idea for one just brewing in my mind -more on that later, I had to order some supplies for it. So while waiting for the supplies I decided to use some of my Project 365 pictures I have taken, as well as a chipboard album I got in a kit. So here is my album. I have to say I LOVE it! This is so me in every way. The colors, the style, just everything. I do a lot of different things in my paper crafting, but this is just me. I used a variety of supplies, too many to list. Most of the Pattern Paper is from American Crafts. The cardstock and ribbon is CTMH. The buttons are PTI, and many other goodies.

The ticket tags hanging on the ring have journalling lines stamped on them and I asked the question: What is my story? What makes my house my home?
Page 1 & 2 I love to sit in my chair with my big mug (I like big heavy mugs, not dainty tea ones!) look at scrapping magazines and enjoy my tea. Although truth be told, since I started blogging I have sat there less and less!
Page 3 & 4 The Decor around the house. I am a clean lined, minimal type of person (less dusting!) so not a lot of elements. These are a few of my favorite. I love the saying on the wall in my living room, my large vase of branches and my large poster size canvas of a picture I took of Jaimee in Japan.



Page 5 & 6 My Happy Places. Of course these are my scraproom and my computer! Notice what is on the computer in the pic... my blog of course!


Page 7 & 8 Our Deck. We just got it redone last year with the glass railing. Jason also painted the house, and we bought our new deck furniture all last year. This year I planted the 4 trees at the end of the deck for privacy. The Barbeque is new this year. Now it is not really about me, but Jason has been making some pretty awesome meals on it!

Finally page 9 & 10 My flower gardens. When I lived in Castlegar (worked minimally, as I was a stay at home mom), I had lots of flower gardens with lots of flowers blooming throughout the year. It was so pretty, I love flowers. But somehow the more I work, the less 'busy' looking I want my garden. So I have converted the gardens at this house to be less work and full of shade plants, with mostly green and white (LOVE this). I love my hostas, ferns, lilacs, and hydrangeas (there is a story about my hydrangeas on my 365 blog). Looking at these pics just make me happy!


Thanks for looking!




14 comments:

Kristine said...

Laurel, you did a fabulous job !!! especially for your first MINI .. you'll be hooked in no time!

Bananastamper said...

Fun album Laurel! I LOVE mini albums as well! Congrats on you acheivements with your layout and card being chosen. I am a big fan of that layout so I'm not surprised! Cheers,
Shanna

Chelsey said...

This is an AWESOME mini album. Like you - I have several sitting in my scrap room, but I am afraid to open them. I have no idea what to do with them. I have seen the potential for others, but never thought of something for myself. i do have this same one of a house and this is a gfreat idea. You just may have inspired me to pull one of them out! :)

~amy~ said...

LOVE it....fabbie job sista!

Kathi Carlson said...

Holy cow! This is awesome!! So fun, too, to see little "windows" into what makes your house a home.

Unknown said...

I so, so, so love this whole book. The papers you chose are beautiful.

Alanna said...

What an amazing album. I loved seeing all the things you chose to include.

Unknown said...

I just love doing mini albums! I agree with Kristine, you'll be hooked now. This is without a doubt my favorite thing I've seen you create. Such a beautiful little book!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

I am loving your mini albums!

Dawn said...

That is a way cool album! I am happy you made the time to complete one. I know what you mean about all those items we keep in our stash, but don't get to play with. Nice job!

Krista Ritskes said...

Gorgeous! And what a great idea.

Jamie Harder said...

I can not believe you haven't done a mini album before:-) And of course you did an amazing job! Love this ( I have this album in my stash too) what a fabulous idea for it!! Hope to see LOTS more mini albums from you!!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a darling book about your house!

Sarah said...

This is so great Laurel.

01 09 10