Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandma layout and a toot!

This is my third post for today so be sure to scroll down to catch all of the good news and fun!

Practical Scrappers challenge this week is vellum. I am sure there are many of you, like me who have some of this in your stash. Well now is the time to dig it out and use it for our challenge. I would love to see what you come up with. Hop on over to Practical Scrappers to see what the rest of the design team came up with.

For my layout, I used a sketch from The Scrappiest, I just discovered the blog and LOVE their sketches. You should take a look.
I have had this colored vellum in my stash for at least 10 years and was finally challenged to use it! I have used my clear vellum on cards and layouts, when I stamp on it with Staz On and layer it on top of a photo, love that. Here I just used my Martha Stewart Punch and the colored vellum and made hydrangea clusters (there is a companion page for this, talking about the significance of the hydrangeas). I also dug into my SU! papers that I had been hoarding.

I have a journal tag tucked in behind the photo - telling about some memories I have of my grandma.
Pattern Paper: SU!, Amy Butler Cardstock: CTMH Lace: Webster's Pages
Vellum: Stampendous Cricut: Plantin Schoolbook Ribbon: Michael's Letter Stickers: American Crafts Punch: Martha Stewart

Now for the toot. I made it onto The Scrappiest Design Team!!! It has been hard keeping it a secret! Our first reveal is TODAY so scroll down to see what it is all about! Woo-hoo!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love hydrangeas and I don't even have a great connection to them with my grandma like you do. The blues are my faves too. Beautiful layout and very special that they are such a great reminder of your grandma. Gorgeous job with the vellum, too!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful page Laurel!! Congrats on your new DT too:)

laterg8r said...

super duper congrats :D

Brenda said...

This page is gorgeous. It touches the heart, and I am quite certain it will be treasured.

Denise said...

Awww, this is beautiful!!! Congrats to you for making the Scrappiest Design Team, you talented lady!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow youve been a busy girl.. i am lovin these layouts...

Sarah said...

I think both of these pages are just totally stunning! What you did with those punched flowers to recreate the hydrangeas was awesome. I love them both.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout!!!! CONGRATS on your DT position!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous layout Laurel. And congrats on your latest DT position.

Unknown said...

I just adore your hydrangeas! They are simply stunning! I'm so excited for your new DT, there's another one to follow. You go girl!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jess said...

beautiful pg. Laurel....and congrats!

Kathi Carlson said...

All your layouts are gorgeous, Laurel!! Love the punched hydrangeas! Perfect for your photos. Congrats on the design team, too! Well- deserved.

Dora said...

Wonderful lo, I don't have good pictures of my grandma, need to scan them...but if it will work...this is beautiful!

01 09 10