Monday, September 21, 2009

New 'dos

Here is a sketch from 52 Sketches a few weeks ago: This sketch was perfect not only for the picture but also for the challenge over at Practical Scrappers this week. The challenge is to use felt. Now unfortunately this layout wasn't photographing very well, the colors do match better IRL! I cut strips of felt for the background and I also used my sizzix to cut circles and leaves from felt. To give the leaves a bit more oomph I sewed them down on the paper. I also have some felt ribbon in my stash so I used a bit of it on the edge of the photo.

This is also for the Scrapping Out Loud challenge this week (just squeaking it in), to use handmade flowers on a layout.
Pattern Paper: MAMBI
Cardstock, ink and brads: CTMH
Stamp: Unity
Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee
Felt Ribbon: Creative Imaginations
Felt: Stash

11 comments:

Dora said...

Love the funky bright colors!

Jess said...

awesome pg. Laurel! love those flowers..great colors and love the layout! thanks so much for playing along I love seeing your pgs.!

Anonymous said...

Love your bright colors and felt embellishments.

Sparkplug17 said...

What a fun and bright layout!

Carolyn said...

Love that sketch! But love the new do's too. And how you scrapped it in B/W! Your daughters are adorable!!

Denise said...

Gorgeous Layout, Gorgeous Girls, and Gorgeous Flowers!!!

So glad you joined us this week!!!

laterg8r said...

beautiful flowers :D

Sherry Wright said...

What a fun sketch & layout!!

Unknown said...

Hey, this sketch is just perfect for your picture and this layout! Love those citrus colors! Your girls are beautiful!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm playing catch-up again and am blown away once more by all of your awesome creations. Wow! I'm loving the fact that now that the wedding is over I'll be able to keep up on a day-by-day basis. Have a great week, friend!

yyam said...

I love the bright colors and the handmade flowers! :)

01 09 10