Friday, October 16, 2009

Eat at your own Risk

The Sketch this week from Get Sketchy:

We are sponsered by Sakura, who supplied us with some pens. I had some of the metallic ones to work with. I had never used any Sakura pens before, and had been frustrated by Gel pens in the past so I didn't know what to expect. Let me tell you, these pens are FANTASTIC!!! The ink flows so smoothly and covers so well. I LOVE them! Now I need some more! Why don't you play along with us this week, perhaps you could win some of your own pens - you won't be disappointed!

For my project, I flipped the sketch, used a circle rather than an oval and I made a box rather than a card. I was really challenged because I was given purple pens to work with, I never use purple hence the Halloween theme popped into my head. I am happy with how this turned out. I will fill it with some Halloween goodies and give it to a Halloween Party host. I used my Sakura pen to outline the flourish circle and to color the witch's hat. I used the Background Basics stamp to make the script paper. The circle is mounted on foam squares.
Pattern Paper & Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock & Ink: CTMH
pen: Sakura

11 comments:

yyam said...

Great idea! It would certainly make a lovely gift...filled with yummy candies!:)

Dora said...

I love the boxes you made, and this one is wonderful love the witch! I collect handmade witches!

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute!!

Jeanne said...

Terrific! Love that sentiment. Makes me giggle.

laterg8r said...

great box, love that witch :D

~amy~ said...

love, love, love this....is the text print paper stamped or CTMH?

Crystal said...

Great box! The sentiment is very fun!

Karla Kroese said...

Lovely! You did an amazing job with the purple ink (:

Unknown said...

No bewitching spells here! love the box, the way you used the pens to outline the flourishes and to do the hat. Perfection!
Blessings,
kim
xXx

Sarah said...

How wickedly awesome is this...I see you were featured on card of the week with it!!! WTG.

Eulanda said...

This is a really nice box! I like the image you used and purple is so tough for me to use. Nice job!

01 09 10