Friday, October 23, 2009

Unity Friends with Flair Friday

Please scroll down to see this weeks Get Sketchy Challenge! Although we are sponsered by Jazzy Stamps - I did sneak a Unity stamp in there too!

This is my post for the Unity Friends with Flair Friday. These are always so much fun and give me a great excuse (as if I need one!) to play with my Unity stamps. To see all the participants start at Angela's blog and then hop away!

The sketch this week from Inspirational Card Sketches:

For my card, I flipped the sketch and I used a few (5 to be exact!) Unity Stamps. I love the music background stamp and the little owl! I incorporated the Embellish Magazine color challenge as well. Not a challenge for me at all - gray and pink - easy peesy! I used some Hero Arts rhinestones on the owls tummy who by the way is mounted on a foam square.


Pattern Paper: October Afternoon
Cardstock & Ink: CTMH
Stamps: Unity
Ribbon: PTI

I did another card for the Unity Friends with Flair Friday.

The sketch this week from Card Positioning Systems:

This is my card for the Friends with Flair Friday from Unity. I have so much fun using my Unity stamps! To see what everyone has created this week, start here at Angela's blog, then keep hopping. You may win some great goodies!

For my card I incorporated the Practical Scrappers challenge to use office supplies. I dug out my neglected tag die from Sizzix and stamped it with 2 background Unity stamps. This is also for the Caardvarks challenge - a tall card.
Pattern Paper: Pink Paislee, Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Unity (4 of them!) and Pink Paislee (butterfly)
Charm, Ink and fiber: CTMH
ribbon: stash
punch (postage): fiskars
Sizzix
mini paper clip: Tim Holtz

48 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your cards! Awesome job with the sketches!

Cindy Lee said...

Great card as always!

Amy Heller said...

Oooh, I LOVE that owl card especially - the graphic balance that card is just divine! Great job!

Karla Kroese said...

I love them all! I especially love the last one with the butterfly. The colors are gorgeous together, and the layout is classic Laurel! Love it!

laterg8r said...

i love that little owl with his rhinestone tummy :D

lauren bergold said...

gorgeous, FABULOUS cards! ♥

Carolyn said...

I love these cards!! Freind to Friend is Gorgeous.. They all are!! but sometimes one just "JUMPS Out" at you.. and that would be it! :)

Have a great weekend!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Lovin these two especially the second with that great paper! Beth

jo said...

Both are great cards Laurel!

Thanks for playing along with us at ICS :)

Jo x

~amy~ said...

I love them both but you know which one I really love....gotta love anything and everything owlie!!!

happy friday!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fab cards! :)

Karen J. said...

Very pretty cards...love the pink!

ANAT S said...

what a great colors combo.
you create beautiful cards
love them both

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Wonderful cards. Lovely.

Unknown said...

Super-cute take on both sketches! Thanks for sharing!

di said...

This is so beautiful, Laurel!

Anonymous said...

you have a wonderful blog!

Krista said...

I am in love with the pattern paper on your first card. Both of the cards or gorgeous!

Deanna said...

Eeek, both are adorable!

Charlene said...

These are so pretty! I love the colors and the way you incorporated the music background stamp. Love the little star embellie and your stitching is great!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors, the yummy ribbon and that beautiful butterfly!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Bananastamper said...

Fun, fun, fun! I LOVE owls and I love the bling!

Shanna

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely cards! I really love the pink and grey together.

Rachel B said...

I love your cards. They are so beautiful! I love the grey and pinks! You also did the unofficial theme for FWF to use journal blocks! More information on my blog if interested!

Debs said...

Love what you've done with Dawns sketch, loving that colour combination and your little owl, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
Debs

Unknown said...

Laurel...These cards are just absolutely amazing!! I just love the colours you have used....Stunning work!! Xx

Diane Jaquay said...

Oooooh, GREAT cards!

Marcy H. said...

Beautiful Cards!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! Great take on the sketches!

SmilynStef said...

Stitching ... paper clip ... fun little star charm ... so many fun details to love.

Robynccgirl said...

Darling cards! I love sketches!

Dawn M said...

pretty!!

Monika in VA said...

Beautiful cards! Love the pink & gray!

Ashley Newell said...

What beautiful cards!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

I love the long horizontal cards! You did a great job!

Sarah said...

Pink and grey with the owl..perfect! SOO pretty...love those music notes.

Unknown said...

Laurel, both of these cards are sooo pretty...luv the soft colors...I'm gonna have to try this gray and pink together too! Lovely cards!

Lisa H. said...

two beauties! love the music background too!

Jeanne said...

Just look at those beauties! Wonderful work, Laurel!!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! I love those colors!

(-: Heidi

Jessica said...

Lovely card!!! Love every detail :)

Jodi C. said...

Both are GREAT!! That owl card is just WOW!!!!

Denise said...

Beautiful love the colours!!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft colors and that darling owl. Thanks for playing along with us this week at ICS!

wendipooh13 said...

just love the sweet owl and adorable card!!! that is sooo cute!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

Mary Giles said...

Both cards are soooo cute! I love the shabby chic feel to them. Thanks for playing at ICS this week.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Think Pink!

01 09 10