Sunday, October 11, 2009

We are back!

Jason and I are back from doing our run in Victoria. He did the half marathon and got a Personal Best of 1 hour 41 minutes. I did the 8K the first time ever doing a race and I was very happy with the results. My goal was to run the whole thing and to do it in around an hour. I didn't push myself and finished in 50 minutes! I felt good at the end, not tired at all! Next year now I have something to beat. We had fun and lucky for us we had a turkey dinner waiting for us when we got home! I am tired, will check out some blogs but I think I am heading to bed soon. My race started at 7:15 (we got up about 5:15am) and we had a 3 hour drive to get home after.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I really do appreciate them.

9 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

WOW!! Congrats to you both!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly

~amy~ said...

congrats to both of you!!!

laterg8r said...

wow, congrats to you :D

Sparkplug17 said...

Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a great time and a great holiday!

Unknown said...

Wooo Hooo, proud of you two!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jeanne said...

Fantastic! Congrats to you both! Your hard work sure has paid off.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. You sure have much to be thankful for.

Jenn said...

Wow that's awesome Laurel! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Brenda said...

What great times! Such a great goal, Laurel!

Denise said...

Way to Go Girl!!!! Such an awesome accomplishment!!! Proud of You!!!!

01 09 10