Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy Bee

The sketch this week from The Scrappiest:

Be sure to come on over to The Scrappiest to play along there is an awesome prize up for grabs and Liz's sketches are always so fun to work with!

The challenge this week for Practical Scrappers is to use Acrylic Paint. What a great challenge! I have a ton of acrylic paints in my craft room as I used to do decorative painting (kind of miss it!). At least I am using it for something now! I painted some bubble wrap to create the effect of a beehive honeycomb. I would love to see what you do with acrylic paint. Finally, the There She Goes blog has a challenge to incorporate stitching on a card or layout - my challenge would be to not use it!

I LOVE this layout - am I allowed to say that?! Danica was in her halloween costume waiting to trick or treat and decided to do some homework (on a Saturday night!). I thought she looked so cute that I had to take a picture. She really is a busy bee, always doing something and everything she does, she does it well - proud mom here! She is either doing homework, practicing an instrument (she plays guitar and clarinet), running, playing with her pets, planning a party - I could go on. I never have to tell her to do anything. She even told me she likes to get homework then she has something to do ( if she doesn't have homework, she does her own research reports!). I included the Scrapping Out Loud Challenge of hidden journalling telling about how she is our busy bee and we are proud of her!

I used my cricut to cut out the bees and then I fun flocked them.

Pattern Paper: October Afternoon, Jillibean Soup, Close to My Heart
Cardstock: Close to My Heart
Cricut: Walk in My Garden, Plantin Schoolbook
Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Ink: CTMH
Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey
Fun Flock: Doodlebug

23 comments:

Dora said...

Love those animals, and again I don't know how you do that ...those colors combinations, I would never think of thisone..!

Amy Heller said...

Oh, Oh, oHHHHHH!! I love this layout!!! I love how you used the BUBBLE WRAP!!! with the acrylic paint - absolutely adorable, Laurel!!! Oh, did I say, I LOVE IT?!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is a fabulous layout, Laurel! Love, love, love all the details and that photo! (Funny, I have a huge stash of paint from my decorative/tole painting days, too. Of course, it's all separated now, but I don't know how to get rid of it, so it stays in storage).

You are truly blessed to have a daughter so intrinsically motivated!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow girl that is FANTASTIC. I love that page. It has to be one of my favs from you!

Brenda said...

WOW! I love this layout and the colors you've chosen. The sketch is great, too!

Jamie Harder said...

LOVE this layout Laurel!!! And of course you are allowed to love it too!!! It rocks!

Denise said...

Oh MY gosh!!!! How cute is that!!! LOve love the bees and the bubble wrap, wow this is so awesome!!!!

Denise said...

Oh MY gosh!!!! How cute is that!!! LOve love the bees and the bubble wrap, wow this is so awesome!!!!

Carolyn said...

What a girl!! You must be so proud of her! Love the sketch, well done!

Erin Morehouse said...

you should be submitting this one for publication! The bright yellow is intoxicating! My fave this week on PS for sure!!

Unknown said...

SO cute! I love those bees!

(-: Heidi

Unknown said...

OH! Oh! Oh! I just love this one. The honeycomb look in the background is awesome!

Sparkplug17 said...

What an adorable layout!

Carla said...

Great layout!! What a perfect 'scrap'-able moment!!

Jess said...

freakin adorable Lauren...great composition...really fab pg.! thanks for playing along :-D

Sarah said...

It is darling! I Love the yellow and black it works SO WELL.

Catherine said...

Such an adorable layout. I love how sunny and cheerful it is. Great job. Love the bubble wrap idea. I may have to give that a try on one of my layouts.

Unknown said...

What an adorable layout!!! Great work!

Cindy Lee said...

I {heart} this layout!! And what a creative idea to use bubble wrap to create the beehive honeycomb effect!

Unknown said...

Honey doll, I agree, this should be subitted for publication! Love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lisa H. said...

wowza! this is a fabulous layout. love the sketch....so cool!

Crystal said...

Love the picture and the story behind it. I also love the bubblewrap technique!

laterg8r said...

love this LO, love the background, very cool!!!

01 09 10