Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Grade 5 Grad

The sketch this week from The Scrappiest:

Make sure you come over to see what the design team has done with this, they are amazing! The prize is amazing too, so why not play along!

For my layout I used a Scarlet Lime kit. The colors matched the mish mash of colors in the photos! I also incorporated the Scrapping Out Loud challenge to use an oversize embellishment - I tried to cut out a large bird (could have been larger I guess). The bird is cut using my Hannah Montana cricut cartridge.
sentiment stamp: Unity

9 comments:

yyam said...

Lovely use of colors Laurel! I love how the oversized bird draws the eye to the main photo...:)

Unknown said...

Woo Hooo, love this one! Love all the colors and the bird is awesome!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Jeanne said...

All of your recent work has been wonderful (getting behind on commenting again, sorry). Congratulations on being selected for the new magazine. That's fantastic!!

Unknown said...

What a fun and inventive sketch, and a fun and inventive layout t go with it. I have never seen anyone who does better with patterns than YOU!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great lay out! Beth

Carolyn said...

Great Sketch! Awesome page!!

Dora said...

Amazing Laurel love all the flowers, gorgeous!

laterg8r said...

great color combo :D

Sarah said...

WOW don't know how you do it Laurel! This is stunning. That bird is wonderful.
You have a Hannah Montana cart LOL !!! I was eyeing up the SpongeBOb one hee hee.

01 09 10