Saturday, December 19, 2009

Funny story

So now that I have finally gotten a hold of my friend I feel better.  The desk set that is going to be published in the May 2010 Home/Office Idea book is one that I made with my best friend in mind.  Her and I always sat and had tea while our kids played.  Of course I moved away six years ago and we keep in touch but we miss those days of being SAHMs.  Well I waited a week after the cut off date for the Idea book deadline and hadn't heard anything so I packaged up the set and mailed it to my friend.  The very next day I was asked for my project!  I couldn't believe it.  So, knowing my friend like I do, I asked her to send it in for me!  She laughed and thought it was pretty funny - she will still get it, just 6 months from now!  She got it in the mail on Friday and will send it to Scrapbook Trends on Monday - she was happy though because I had included some homemade chocolate dipped caramel pretzels - I told her she could eat those, they weren't part of the desk kit! 

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great story laurel:)!!

yyam said...

I can so understand...every single card that I got published has been sent out to my friends...but fortunately, ezines don't require the physical card...I think that making it for someone else means good karma for me...lol..:)

Cindy Lee said...

Congrats on getting published! I'm sorry that I didn't get to comment much on your post lately. I will back to regular when things finally sorted out :)

Leslie said...

Congrats. I hope you took lots of pictures to share once it is published.

Jeanne said...

Too funny and what a wonderful friend to go along with it. I hope she enjoyed those pretzels...which sound absolutely scrumptious

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Laurel,
What a wonderful friend you have! I'm so happy for your success, too!

laterg8r said...

so funny, glad she sent it back :D

01 09 10