Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sending Happy Thoughts

The sketch this week from Cards & Things:
 
I decided to really challenge my self and use this hat from Elies Happy Hats, the Etsy Inspired Challenge for this week and use purple - I never use purple so this was just a challenge I put on myself - LOL!
  
Now for my card I incorporated several challenges:  The 365 Card Challenge (Square, Stripes and Spring), The OCC challenge - music, The Cute Card Thursday challenge - flowers, and the Saturday Spotlight challenge - Bigger - I have the large circle in the center.

Now this is sooooo out of my box and not my normal style at all, but I went with it.  I received this fabulous Just Right Stamp Set as part of my DT for Scrap-Mart, it is called Planta Little Love and you know me, I love flowers!  However I don't often color flowers, I usually cut them with my Slice or Cricut, or use stickers so I dug out my copics and went to work (I have really been using my copics a lot lately, feels good to color for a change!).  The background music stamp and the sentiment are from Unity.
  

Now that CHA is over my wish list is HUGE!  I can't wait to be able to order some of the new goodies and lucky for me Scrap-mart will be carrying several of them such as:
The New Sassafrass lines
New Slice cartridges and the Hands free mat (I so want this!)
New Unity stamps
New Spellbinders
Some American Crafts lines (yay)
Some October Afternoon lines (double yay)
the Tim Holtz sizzix dies - wow!
and so much more!

So keep checking Scrap-Mart for the fabulous items I know I will be!


23 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute the flowers look so well done! Love it!

Sarah said...

Wow Laurel this one is soooo pretty! You did step out of your box..and it totally worked.

Leslie said...

Your card is beautiful. I am making a card today for my future son-in-law who lost his grandmother last night and may use this design. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is a really pretty card and your colouring is beautiful. Well done on fitting in all these challenges!! Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Unknown said...

Oooo la, la, love this card. YOur colored pansy flowers are just beautiful! Love the music paper and your did a fantastic job on the challenge!
blessings,
Kim xXx

laterg8r said...

gorgeous coloring :D

Alanna said...

This is so elegant and pretty. Your coloring is fabulous.

Birgit said...

So beautiful-Love the colours and how you put everything together-great! I love the bow too-I can't make pretty bows at all so I rarely have them on my cards...one dayI shall master the art of the bow-Great card!!!

Tiff said...

You are the challenge QUEEN! Can I be you when I grow up! Your card is GORGEOUS!

Leah l'Orange said...

VERY pretty, Laurel! love the sheet music, and i'm SO with you on the purple - definitely not one of my favourites!

your card turned out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Oh so soft and pretty! Wow! Love your pretty ribbons and that sheet music looks perfect! Thanks for playing along in our Saturday Spotlight challenge this week! HUGS

Karla Kroese said...

You have been busy, girl! Such pretty cards, as always!

TesaB said...

Ohhh, love your card! The colors are fantastic and I ove the music papers in the back ground!

Dora said...

O wow Laurel, I love the colors of this one, very elegant!

Jeanne said...

All this and Copics, too? Fabulous! It is good to stretch yourself a bit, and you did so wonderfully!

Darlene said...

Oh this is awesome! So soft & pretty! I happen to LOVE purple so of course this really speaks to me!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week! We do hope to see you again next challenge!!

Dawn B. said...

I love sheet music on a card. This is a beautiful floral image. Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Krista said...

Gorgeous card ! Love the background ! Thanks for playing along.

de said...

Another beautiful card!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

This is so beautiful, springy and feminine!! Just love it!

Unknown said...

Great card! I love the layout and colors you chose. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Ashley Newell said...

Very cute! I love the background squares! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Laurel - I LOVE your inspiraton and all of the stunning elements of your card!

Thanks for joining us over at the OCC ~ Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

01 09 10