Thursday, January 21, 2010

ur 2 sweet and home

Here is the sketch this week from Our Creative Corner:

I also incorporated the Sassy Studio Designs challenge to use pink and brown as well as the 365 Card Challenge- chocolate.  I used copics to color her, and liquid applique on the cupcake.  The Sassy image is mounted with foam squares, and of course I scented the card with Cupcake Card Scent!
 

Pattern Paper and ribbon: American Crafts.


I haven't had much mojo lately, I have tried to make cards the last few nights but nothing seems to work for me.  Last night I did manage to put together a few scraps from my Studio Calico kit (I got it for my DT assignmnent at The Scrappiest), a very simple card, but it is all I could muster.  The chair and lamp are cut from pattern paper, the chair is mounted on foam squares, but I think it would still fit the Stamping Royalty Challenge - single layer since I've seen single layer cards with a ribbon on it! ;)
 

23 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Wow! Love your home card!

Dora said...

Both are beautiful love the image on the first card!

Unknown said...

These are fabby! I love the You are sweet! So cute! Love that big chair too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Bananastamper said...

Great cards Laurel! Love the girl card and the stitching around the home card finishes it off so nicely!
Shanna :)

farmhouse-story said...

first cards adorable, and the second screams moxie fab, doesn't it?!

Jeanne said...

Even when you claim to lose your mojo your cards are terrific! Thanks for sharing!

Alanna said...

I honestly don't know how you can say that you don't have any mojo. These are both fabulous. I especially love the first one, probably because of the colors.

Kathi Carlson said...

Great cards, Laurel!!

Unknown said...

You'd never know your momoy was lacking. Both cards are amazing. LOVE the woodgrain "home".

Brenda said...

Love both cards! You'd never know your mojo was lacking, Laurel. Your work is excellent!

Amy Heller said...

Laurel, that home card is so chic! I love it!! Those letters, ::swoon::!!

Rose said...

looks like your mojo is still with you! love both cards and how you combined challenges with the sketch :) your home card is perfect!!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my I love that chair! How cool is that?

Corie said...

This is such and FANTASTIC card -- love it

laterg8r said...

i love the cupcake card - very sweet :D

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow - the amount of patience to cut out that lamp without ripping it astounds me. Thanks for playing here with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Rose said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the pink and chocolate combo. Great work Laurel!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such lovely cards. I need to use my thickers more. It cracks me up that the cupcake is bigger than her head.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Great Cards!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sarah said...

These are both soooo fun Laurel!

Carolyn said...

These are both too cute! Love the Home card!

Jen Shults said...

These are really great! I love the pink and brown! And your coloring on her is great.

Gloria Stengel said...

You have such a fun style. Loved peeking thru your blog. This card for OCC is just adorable. Love the image.

01 09 10