Thursday, July 1, 2010

July Reveal at Scrap Shotz

This is a huge post today so I hope you enjoy it!

The sketch this week from The Scrappiest:

Today is the big reveal day for the Scrap Shotz DT,  Each one of us had a different kit to use and I was so happy to have the new Bo Bunny Block Party papers and embellies to play with!  These papers are just so fun and perfect for my sporty themed pages.

The stars on this page were cut with my Wild Card Cricut Cartridge, the letter stickers are Basic Grey and American Crafts.
One of the June sketches from Inspired Blueprints:
For this page I used my Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge to cut out the ribbon, the banner is from Unity and the words are a new stamp set from CTMH.  Again the letter stickers are Basic Grey and American Crafts.  The cording is from May Arts.  I have also used some Bo Bunny brads on the banner and some rub ons along the side of the picture.

The sketch from Design Dollies:
 A simple layout that uses some of the coordinating Rub Ons and since I was in a time crunch these last few days this layout and my cards went together in less than an hour each so they qualify for The Crazy Challenge.

 Now for some cards:
The sketch from Our Creative Corner:

The color challenge from Color Q
And for my card I used my new Gina K stamp set Stars to create this.  I thought this could also be used as a graduation card.  This (and the next one) is also for the Papercraft Star Challenge - red, white and blue and the Wee Memories challenge.


 The color inspiration from Curtain Call:


For this card, I love the 'picnic' look of this paper so I paired it with the new Tasty Treats stamp set from CTMH.

While I had that paper out I decided to put my new Cutting Cafe Invitation set to good use since it makes a perfect BBQ invitation!  I think this (and the next card) fits the Raise the Bar challenge - evening inspired.


So while on the BBQ theme I thought I would also take in the JUGS challenge of an apron shaped card.  Again doesn't this paper fit the theme so well? The apron template is from The Cutting Cafe, the sentiment and utensils are cut from my From My Kitchen Cricut Cartridge, the background stamp is the Noted Background from CTMH. 



Finally the sketch this week from Clean and Simple:

And my card using my new PTI stamp set Enjoy the Ride.  This card fits the Oh Alice challenge - twinkly - I used the coordinating glitter brads.

And my final card is for the Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday - my first card as a DT member!  For the month of July the theme is Summertime, this week the twist this week is to use Sparkle of some sort.

For my card I am using the Mazie Skater image, isn't she fun!  The sentiment is another thing I love too.  My glitter is on her red top and the brad.



I still have lots of paper left too!

Be sure to check out the Scrap Shotz forum to see what the other designers have created, all as I can say is WOW!

32 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! You have been BUSY!!! Great creations! Love them all!! :) :) :) :)

Basslady said...

tell me please:

when did you take time to eat, to drink or to sleep which such an amazing amount of fabulous, gorgeous and wonderful cards...

this is fantastic!

xoxo silvi (from germany)

Unknown said...

Wowza!!!! look at all this scrappin' you are getting finished! Way to go, girlie!
Love the layouts and cards, the apron is cuuuuute!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! Such a busy girl you are. Love the layouts, and your cards are all wonderful. TFS.

Alanna said...

WOW Laurel, what atreat to come and see all these wonderful layouts and cards. They aer all very nice.

Bananastamper said...

You have been one busy girl Laurel! Woo hoo - such great projects and fantastic color combos!

Heather Rogers said...

Holy cow girl. You have been very busy. These are all wonderful. :)

wherethey'llgo said...

Great take on Challenge #2! I just love your stamp work! Thanks for joining us over at Papercraft Star!! Good luck!

Carolyn said...

WOW I was thinkin the same thing... Where is the comment link...Hahaha You've been busy girlie.
All your work is awesome Laurel!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful layouts and pages, wonderful cards!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? All in one post. You are amazing! The colors and artwork in this post are mouth wateringly delicious!

Stacey Schafer said...

holy smokes, Laurel! you have been BUSY....your pages and cards are spot on! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

You are a card making machine LOL! Lovely set of cards. Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Tracy said...

What a great selection of projects! Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star this week!

Ann English said...

My goodness, you are one busy lady! I love your creations! My first love was scrapbooking though have been done LOTS of cards for a year now. This card is just darling!!!

Regina E said...

oh my word girl....you have been busy busy....love all the stuff...your so good...hugs

yyam said...

I know I sound like a broken recorder but you are one productive crafter girlfriend!

And they are all lovely creations! :)

Unknown said...

You've been one very busy crafter! Love the project you did for Papercraft Star...thanks for joining us this week!

~*Joni said...

What a beautiful lineup today! Thank you so much for showing us such a pretty gallery of your work. Love your SB pages, and your bbq invite is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week.
~*Joni RTB DT

Dora said...

That are a lot of projects to show, and I love them, love the lo with the lot of white!
Enjoy your weekend!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow!! you have been so busy...they are all great. Love your choice of colours just fab!
Thanks for joinin us at 'The Crazy' this week! Good Luck
Hugs Shell xx

Regan said...

WOW! You have been busy! Great card for the Papercraft Star challenge! Thanks for joing us!
Regan

Suzy said...

GREAT projects! Thanks for playing along at PCS! :D

Cat said...

Your card is so cute! Love the bright colors! Welcome to the S2G DT! I look forward to working with you!

Rose said...

fab cards girl :) love the apron one

laterg8r said...

omg, you are a machine, so many great lo's and cards :D

Thanh Vo said...

A great assortment of cards you have here! I love a good bbq in the afternoon and evening! Thanks for joining us over at Raise the Bar this week. Hope you'll join us again in the future.

Caroline said...

Wow you have been super busy!!! Great job on everything. So glad you joined us on Papercraft Star.

Georgia said...

Hi Laurel, Welcome aboard the S2G Team! You'll have a great time with us. Love your work!

Gloria Stengel said...

Wow! Eye candy overload! Great cards and layouts! I also want to say congrats on your June pubs and you new DT spots! Great work, Laurel!

Leah l'Orange said...

Laurel, you are a MACHINE. i love all of these! lots of yummy papers combined for fun effects. it's always a pleasure to visit, and i LOVE when you play with us in the Dollhouse! :D

Chris said...

Impressive amount of work, you have been busy creating away, great body of work.

01 09 10