Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tomorrow the World

This is my second post for today.

It is Twisted Thursday time again at Shirleys 2 Girls and this month our theme is School.  Be sure to pop on over to the S2G challenge blog to see what everyone did and to play along.

I used this weeks sketch from Cardabilities:
The twist this Thursday is to use the color red.  I dug out my October Afternoon paper from the Cherry Hill and Report Card Collection for this shaped card.  This is also for the Cricut Cardz challenge - teen; I used my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut out the apple and the Paper Sundaes challenge - stitching.  I love this image I could use her for some cards that I make for my grade one students as well.  It also comes with the sentiment 'Thank you Teacher'.


18 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love it Laurel...such a fun take on the cardabilities sketch!!!! gotta love all that OA!!!

~amy~ said...

I love it Laurel...such a fun take on the cardabilities sketch!!!! gotta love all that OA!!!

Alanna said...

This is SO cute Laurel. And I love that sentiment.

Deb Neerman said...

Oh my, this is just soooooo cute! Love the sweet l'il image and the fun apple shape. Another fabulous creation, Laurel!

Char Dobson said...

Look at you rock all those challenges. Way to go, girl! btw, love your card. It is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Cardabilties!

Brenda said...

Oh is this fun! I told you already that you are great with fruit!

laterg8r said...

this apple is soooo cool - love it :D

Fiona said...

wow this is such fun...love the stitching too...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Edna Marie said...

Love it!!! fun. fun, fun, what great stitch work and that ribbon is just perfect touch thanks for playing along with us at CCC
;)Inspired Huggs

Denise said...

This one is just too cute!!!

Dora said...

O my gosh you make me smile with this one, great card Laurel!

Ann English said...

Hi, Laurel-must talk to Deb RE the link-I thought you just weren't posting but after weeks of seeing the same post, decided to click on your title---there it is! So I have pages to look at!
This card is adorable!

Christine said...

Love your card, especially that apple shape!! So cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Kylie said...

Hi Laurel, I wandered on over because Leah told me to and wow, I am glad I did as I told. Your cards are beautiful!
Hugs
Kylie

Cat said...

Just too cute! Love all the apples!

Yvonne Russell said...

I just love this apple... so clever.

Karli said...

Hi Laurel, I'm a 3rd grade teacher so I particularly luuuuuv your take on this sketch. Luv all the details. thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities & hope you'll play agian next time. Have a great school year ;)
Hugs~

sophiesmama said...

So adorable, Laurel! Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!
Hugs,
Mary

01 09 10