Saturday, January 8, 2011

Canadian Mini Album

So I haven't been blogging much this week as we have had a Japanese Exchange Student here.  We have been busy entertaining her, and she has been great!  I managed to squeeze in about 3 hours of scrappy time and made her an album.  Here it is all put together.  I dug through a box of old maps that I have and found this one of Vancouver Island since we live here and it is where the majority of her trip is.



I did take pictures of the pages before putting the album together.  Now remember, not a lot of scrappy time so the pages are done quickly.  I went for mostly red and white as it is the color of our Canadian Flag (hence the maple leaf scattered around) with some touches of blue.  The papers are from Lilly Bimble at My Grafico.  I used some journaling cards from 7 gypsies and CTMH that I have had hanging around for awhile and the stamps are all CTMH.  I also finally got up the nerve (hehehe) to use some decorative tape (has been in the stash for awhile too) and I think I am hooked!  I did leave some pages blank for her to do her own journaling if she chooses too.  Although a very quick and simple project, I am happy with the results, I hope she is too.

PS - don't you love how they always do the peace sign for photos

Danica's class mates, whose parents are my friends, also had students so we did a lot together and it was a lot of fun for them.  A lot of Wii Just Dancing happening too.











19 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMG Laurel, your "quick" "just a few moments" album is AWESOME! I KNOW she will love and treasure it - it's really so special! The care and love you give others is over-the-top! Wow.

Hugs!

Dora said...

do you really say quick...I think this will cost me a lot of hours.
it is a beautiful mini album!

Laurie said...

This is really fun! I love that it didn't take you long! I always have good intentions of making a mini album but then I think it will take me forever! Now you have inspired me! I should give it a shot!! Great job here!!

Karen B. said...

What a great idea, and love that it is in mini form. Great color combos too!

~amy~ said...

excellent....

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous album Laurel. I can see why it kept you busy. :o)

Tina said...

This is a wonderful present for her, and there is no way I would complete in three hours I am sure. TFS

Carolyn said...

Beautiful! What a awesome handmade gift for her to take back with her!
At least you got some scrappy time in. ;}

Kristina said...

What a great gift! And you did that in 3 hours? I bet she just loves it!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift Laurel!! She was so lucky to have you for her host family! This album is going to be her treasure forever!

Anonymous said...

All this time I've been following your blog and didn't realize you were Canadian like me! I love the little mini book you made ... what a great gift!

Unknown said...

What a special gift. I'm sure she'll treasure it!

dstandard said...

What a wonderful gift! That's cool that you had an exchange student!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love the map idea!

farmhouse-story said...

such a sweet thing to do for her, laurel-she'll will love it:)

Bananastamper said...

Wow - this is fantastic Laurel! I LOVE this - I cannot believe you put this together in three hours - wow!

yyam said...

What a lovely mini! Great for all those photos! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great gift! You are sooooo speedy too :>)

Jeanne said...

What a fabulous gift, Laurel! It looks amazing and I'm sure your student just loved it! And your thoughtfulness!

01 09 10