Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mean Mom

For my Skipping Stones post go here, and my Wee Memories post is here.

I dug deep down for my mojo and did come up with something ;)  Now after visiting my mom and brother who stopped in, me still in PJs, not cleaned the house or started laundry because I was scrapping - I can post this... Now I need to go for a run.. then I'll do my chores ;)

Elle's studio has a sketch challenge this weekend


I decided to play along with some of the Bella Blvd DT and create a layout about being a mom.  I used my Family Dynamix collection and an Elle's Studio journaling card.  The talking bubble and house are on foam squares for dimension, and I have incorporated some twine from The Twinery and a sticker from SRM Designs.  Jaimee has gotten over her stressful situation with her job and is much more civilized to me now (for the time being anyways), but Danica has taken over the role of reminding me I'm a mean mom ;)  This was quite a theraputic layout for me.  This is also for the Paper Cutz challenge - Mother's Day.

By the way, speaking of Bella Blvd, they have a huge giveaway this weekend!  You have to go see it for yourself!  Be sure to stop over there, you don't want to miss it.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Layout! Very creative.

Carolyn said...

That is Awesome!! What a wonderful layout!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome layout dearie!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Rose said...

awesome!!!
not to worry girl as this "mean mom" stage will pass :) in time that is! lol

Rose said...

p/s SO glad i no longer have teenagers!!
oh wait, now i have my mom here and that is almost the same ;)

Brenda said...

What a great layout - and very good therapy! Shane went through those years (and still has a relapse now and again), and sometimes we just have to be tough, don't we? Motherhood - the best and worst job!

farmhouse-story said...

gotta love teens:) great page, laurel!

Shoshonee said...

Love your layout. I like how it's personal and about a less than perfect subject. Oh and I once heard that you're not a good parent unless you're a "mean" mom. :)

Bananastamper said...

Too fun - way to journal girl! Glad to hear you found some mojo - don't you hate it when that happens - all the stars are in alignment except for the mojo!?!? So painful! Here's hoping it's back to stay!

Dora said...

Love every piece of this, wonderful picture of you, and look at all the details!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Wonderful! So much inspiration in so many ways :>)

Anonymous said...

Love it... love all the details.. btw.. you look gorgeous here :)... a gorgeous mean mum..teehhehhehe

01 09 10