Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The End of Summer

Well we are back to school this week so no more puttering around the house doing this and that, which of course includes a lot of scrapping ;)  This past summer was a perfect one for my we did not get up to our usual 35 degree weather, we stayed in the twenties and that suits me just fine.  I got pretty much all the jobs done on my summer 'to do' list and I had a lot, cleaned all the blinds (ie took out every slat and steam cleaned), cupboards inside and out (bathrooms and kitchen); painted fences, dug up a some sod to make a flower bed... the list goes on.  I like it though, I am home putterer.  The end of summer means some other 'chores' of sorts.  That is when I do some canning (peaches, beets and sometimes jam), baking (blueberry muffins, zucchini loaves) and precook some meals getting ready for the 'fun' that comes with the busyness of school start up.  Here are some pictures (to be scrapped soon) of my 'End of Summer' - just waiting for my Crate Paper Farmhouse Papers and elements ;) - I read a quote once "Scrapbooking - the art of spending $150 to scrap some $1.00 pictures ;) tee hee







9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful photos! And such yummy homey goodness! Sounds like you had a very busy and productive summer. I'm still a bit in mourning over being back in school. Still haven't gotten into the swing of the routine yet, and am still missing our lazy, carefree days like crazy. But then, I do love the fall....so it's all good. :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Yummy post!

Brenda said...

These are beautiful pictures and I am looking forward to seeing them on a layout!

Katie said...

Mmmmm, that all looks so good!! Canning is something I've yet to try but would love too. I do enjoy baking though! ;)

Unknown said...

I love food photos. Yours are beautiful. I wish I could taste some of that goodness!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yummy..... and I love that quote, so true!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

looks delish, and i love the quote!

Mona Pendleton said...

What scrumptious goodies Laurel!

1CardCreator said...

Where do you find the time and the energy dear girl!

01 09 10