Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Front Door Decorations so Far

The girls and I took our dog and headed up into the forest behind our house.  We brought home a bunch of greenery for decorating with.  I am NOT a flower arranger at all.  Arranging this greenery was very stressful for me ;)  I am happy with how it looks by the front door (please ignore the spilled water on the cement and the old urn that needs repainting, LOL - man pictures sure don't lie! - I had to take a quick picture before the light was gone)


A close up, I saved the straight branches from last year, dried them and used them again this year.


I painted these skates 10 years ago.  Just was playing around with some paint and some garage sale skates.  This year I shoved a bit of the greenery in them.  Now I am much prefering the soft, serene feeling of all white (well always have, my family has just always wanted color) and am trying to incorporate more white.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this! your arrangement is perfect Laurel...and those skates are sdorable! :)

farmhouse-story said...

the greens look wonderful, laurel! i'd love to find some old white skates some day:) cute snowmen!

Sparkplug17 said...

This turned out darling!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

You do a fabulous job arranging the greenery - the front porch treatment is beautiful and I'll bet it smells good, too! The skates are very, very pretty!

Hugs!

Dora said...

Ow I love the skates, perfect!

Audrey Pettit said...

How beautiful! I think your floral arrangement is just stunning, Laurel! So love the dried sticks you added to the center and the mix of textures on the greens. And the skates are amazing! Such an inviting entryway!

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Janice said...

Love it! Your arranging is just perfect.

01 09 10