Monday, July 30, 2012

Watermelon Gazpacho cards

I am blogging live (well sort of, I made these cards this morning, then went on a run now I am posting them). Before going on holidays (gone most of July) my crafting started to feel like a chore as I had so much on my plate to get done before I left.  Anyhow, it feels good to play just because and have some fun with it again. 

I wanted to break into my Card Kitchen July kit, which is full of Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho goodies - I have to justify purchasing them somehow ;)  


For my first card I used this sketch from Sketchbook Saturday:


I fussy cut the clothesline from pattern paper, and the sentiment is from SRM Stickers


The next card I made used this week's CPS sketch:


Again more fussy cutting and a SRM Sticker.  This and the next card are for The Kraft Journal challenge - use a sketch.


For the last card I was inspired by this sketch at iSpy sketches - but it did kind of get away from me, hehehe.

I also incorporated the Circles, Blue and Floral from The Paper Players.

Again some fussy cutting and I had fun with my stitching on this one.  In all cases the clothesline is mounted on foam squares.

19 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love your fun & colorful cards!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such cute cards! Love these papers!

Kathy Martin said...

These are fantastic! You make me want that line! :)

A Casa di Ale said...

MOLTO BELLE, BELLISSIME LE CARTE UTILIZZATE MOLTO DIVERTENTI I PANNI STESI

CIAO DA ALE

Tonya said...

These are super cute. I love the papers.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooo fun!! I love love love love the colors and LOVING the swimwear banners!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER FUN cards! LOVE those papers! FAB!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wonderful array of cards! Great use of DP's :)

Dora said...

Busy girl! And those are amazing!!!

Marielle said...

these are just beautiful Laurel !

~amy~ said...

such FAB Jillibean cards...love them all Laurel!

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad you got the chance to do some playing, just for fun. What a cute line this is. Absolutely adore all the fussy cut clotheslines. :)

1CardCreator said...

These are all great cards! Love the swimsuits, adorable!

Katy said...

These are so happy!! I love the swimsuit pennants! Awesome!! :)

♥Jan♥ said...

All of the cards are so charming and colorful. The clothes lines are really typical of summer, aren't they !! I am so glad you joined us at The Kraft Journal this week !

Bananastamper said...

looks like you've been having some fun! Such fun papers and colours how could anyone resist these?

Vickie Z said...

Love all of these!!! Bunch of fun papers and banners!!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous take on the Paper Players challenge. Love your choice of papers and fussy cutting. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Kim Teasdale said...

Awesome cards Laurel and I love the laundry theme! You laundry looks so much nicer than mine ;) Thanks for joining us this week over at iSpy Sketches!

01 09 10