Monday, July 15, 2013

Yahtzee

Time for another Inspiration Elevator challenge.  I am loving these jump starts as I am getting things scrapped that are important but I am sure would not have gotten done.

Inspiration Elevator


You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges our new Inspiration Elevator Blog, here.

This month's challenge is issued by the super talented, Lisa Moen. Here's what she had to say in her very own words:

"I have been thinking lately, that I have only done one layout of my childhood and realized that maybe some day, my kids or grandkids would  enjoy looking at a few more pages and learning about my siblings, my parents and I.

So my challenge for you this month is to create a page about a childhood memory of yours. It can be a good, a bad, a funny, a photoless or whatever you choose kind of layout.

Just remember to add journaling to tell the story behind your childhood memory.

Can't wait to see your projects!"

For my project I decided to scrap about a game that was played a lot by my family, mostly my mom and myself (we spent many hours playing it) and when my parents got together with their best friend couple the guys played pool, us kids just played and mom and her friend played yahtzee.  It was also a camping game and I still remember falling asleep to the sound of the dice clacking on the table - a comfort noise for sure.  I used my Irish Farm House Soup collection by Jillibean Soup along with some of the Ephemera pieces from Jillibean, the new Alphabeans and those Corrugated People - love those.  The twine is from May Arts, the stamps are Unity and the little wooden apple button on the bottom is from Craftpon.

I was inspired by the sketch from Sketches in Thyme for this week.


 I hope you will stop by and see what the rest of the Designers have created:
                                  Laurel Seabrook <-----You Are Here

20 comments:

Ann said...

What a fun page - love the ephemera pieces with that Yahtzee page with the old logo - how cool is that! Those corrugated people are totally fun. I like how you changed up the sketch to accommodate your journalling.
- Ann Jobes
www.lovestnpaper.com

Lisa Spiegel said...

I love how you did this without a photo of people! Great job!

LisaM said...

Love your layers and your photo less page! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, love that photo! and the sketch is just perfect!

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Laurel! Love the theme and love your design! I mean, you even have Yahtzee paper on here! Brilliant!

Christa said...

Laurel! This is stunning and the idea brilliantly inspiring. I love the top heavy feel and the cray stamp/offstamp style of the bottom clusters. I am enthralled!

Cathy said...

how amazing is this??!! You are brilliant!

Sue Sykes said...

We love Yatzee around here too! Great take on the sketch!

Sue Sykes said...

We love Yatzee around here too! Great take on the sketch!

Rose said...

super fun layout!!!
we played a lot of Yahtzee on camping trips and at home also :)

Joanne said...

What a fun layout! I just love the entire feel of this page and the photo you used is awesome!
Joanne xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo fun!! We love Yahtzee!!!!

yyam said...

So fun....to document a family game...love the mix of elements here!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the Irish Farmhouse on your page, Laurel and great layout to document this memory!

Unknown said...

What a fun layout. I have great memories of playing yahtzee growing up too!

Tracey said...

What a great page! My daughter loves Yahtzee!!

Sura said...

Love pages without photos. Gorgeous layout! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
Surama

luciana sanches said...

Beautiful LO, many details! ...... thank you for participating in the challenge SIT! kisses

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh TOO Cool!!! stunning page!!! sooo glad you played along with Sketches In Thyme!!!!

Roxy said...

Hey, Laurel, I love this page - no photos! That is amazing, and I really like all the layering you've done here. Thanks so much for using our SiT sketch, hugs, Roxy.

01 09 10