Thursday, March 6, 2014

Upcycled kitchen decor using chalkboard paint and vinyl

I was up on the SRM Stickers Blog the other day with my vinyl projects - finally got the nerve to try vinyl in my Silhouette - LOVE it!

I love thrifting and garage saleing and have had these items for awhile.  I love upcycling items and these projects today were so quick and easy!

First up an old cutting board.  I spray painted with Chalkboard paint then cut out the sentiment and rooster with my Silhouette using the White Matte Vinyl.


My second item is this rolling pin.  I am a sucker for rolling pins.  I love to decorate them and add to a themed gift basket, much like I did here and here. This one would fit a number of different theme baskets but I can see it tucked in with some gourmet food items, recipe book, napkins and wine.  Once again, I spray painted it with chalkboard paint then just cut out the sentiment with my Silhouette and applied.  Easy peesy!




9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just amazing!!! Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are COOL...

Unknown said...

Such fun projects!

Audrey Pettit said...

These are so adorable, Laurel! I love the chalkboard look and how fun to see them applied to kitchen items. That is an awesome idea. Really loving your vinyl appliques, too. What great gifts!

Jeanne said...

Very fun, Laurel. I like how creative you are!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome kitchen decor, Laurel!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH Laurel, these are so cute!! I love the chalkboard paint - what a great way to up-cycle things!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So COOOOL!!! LOVE these!!!

Unknown said...

Nice kitchen decor
kitchen decorating accessories 

01 09 10