Saturday, July 5, 2014

Date Night Anniversary card.

I FINALLY feel like crafting again!  It has been a long time since I really looked forward to it, most of it has been more like a chore and I have had to push myself.  I do hope I am out of that funk!  Of course we leave on holidays tomorrow - go figure!

Anyhow, decided to play with some Chickaniddy Crafts paper - Date Night and create a card for my hubby for our anniversary.  it is on Aug 22 and it will be our 22nd anniversary thus I put the 22 in the circle.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the frame and the sentiment.  I like how it turned out.  The woodgrain paper makes it a bit masculine!


Here is the Chickaniddy Crafts sketch for this month:

9 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Love your card! Glad you feel like scrapping again because it should be fun and not feel like work. Congrats on 22 years!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome card!

~amy~ said...

Laurel, this is awesome...I love what you've done with the Chickaniddy Goodness!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! I loveeeeeee the colors and the circles!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card and love the stitching..

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous card Laurel!! I love the die cut layered over your sentiment!

Becca Sadler said...

Great card! What's amazing to me is that you got it created about 6 weeks before you needed it!!!!

I'm usually running right on the date to give or mail! As a home economics/FACS teacher for grades 7-12, I'm on vacation too for about 5 more weeks.

As always, I really enjoy seeing how well you have mastered the art and science of layering different papers and embellishments!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your take on the sketch! Fabulous card!

Unknown said...

Perfect take on the sketch with just the right Laurel touch.

01 09 10