Monday, August 8, 2016

Upcycled Thrift Store Purse

Don't faint now.  It is me again.  I know this is not going to be a regular appearance... so I am enjoying it while I can :)

I have had this purse and moss kicking around for a few years knowing full well what I wanted to do with it - was just waiting for a rainy day.  Well that day came :)


I basically just covered the little purse with some Mod Podge and adhered the moss.  Talk about easy!
Don't you love the gorgeous background of a desk that I am working on?!  That has been my crafting table for over 10 years so it has been well used... just keeping it real ;)


I then held it in place with some clothes pegs.

The next day (today actually - real time blogging happening!) I just added bits and pieces where there needed to be fills.

Of course, nothing for me is complete without a bit of paper crafting to top it off, so I whipped up a little tag using my Papertrey Ink stamp and Ink from Simon Says.



Now it graces my new potting bench just outside my door so that I get to look at it often.  You can see it here.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sweet little project. Glad you finally got around to finishing it. It looks so nice on your bench there. Now you can enjoy it every day! What a great feeling that must be. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How genius! I loveeeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01 09 10