Saturday, February 25, 2017

A couple of Homestead cards

NEW BLOG ADDRESS
PLEASE FOLLOW ME --->

Got into my craft room for a bit again, before my grand daughter arrives :)

I played with the Homestead collection by Authentique to create a couple of cards.

First up, I just had to ink up this cute little gal!  It is from the Sale-A- Bration and I got the set for FREE!  You can too, just ask me how :)

You know me, I love to paper piece so that is just what I did here.


I mounted the 'chick' on foam squares.  The talking bubble die is from Simon Says.  I am playing along with the Little Red Wagon challenge:  Down on the Farm

Playing along again with: 

Also, when I saw that chicken wire paper in the collection I had to use it too.  I then used the wood paper and trimmed it to look like an upcycled pallet.  

The stamped sentiment is the Coffee Talk by Altenew and I then die cut the coffee sentiment.  Now... those mini brads!!! I haven't used brads in like forever... but they are perfect here don't you think?!

I played along with this inspiration... can you tell?! ;) 

15 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is PERFECTION!! I LOVE that coffee card!!! Amazing design!!

JanR said...

What a fun chicken! Perfect papers too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Audrey Pettit said...

Your cards always make me SO happy, Laurel! Love the "homestead" vibe you've got going on here! That paper pieced chick made me burst out smiling! And I LOVE your upcycled pallet coffee cup holder! Brilliant use of those tiny brads. And the chicken wire is the perfect touch!

Amy O said...

These are fun cards! I love the dsp and the chicken theme. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Leigh Penner said...

What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

KimCreate said...

OM Gosh, your coffee card is precious! Love how you have the cups hanging like the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us.

Jen Timko said...

Both of these are wonderful! Love that hilarious chicken. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Nancy Penir said...

Love both, Laurel! That chick is adorable. I raise chickens and am always on the lookout for a fun stamp! I know, dangerous! Inspired card is perfect! I think you got this one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Laurel I really love the way you made your card so much like the inspiration photo and yet with the addition of the chicken wire totally made it your own. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inspired By this week!

Kathy Straw said...

Absolutely perfect! I love the cups on the hooks.

Erika said...

Wow! This is such a good take on the Inspired By challenge.

Jill Norwood said...

Laurel both of these cards are just so wonderful! The first card made me giggle out loud! And I love the coffee cup holder you created with the chicken wire bg on the second one! Gorgeous cards!!!!!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow , you nailed it and I so love the chicken wire in the background ! Thanks for playing along ,Laurel!

Marcie Sharp said...

Those brads are perfect on your coffee card! I'll have to dust off my brad collection ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By.

Silke Ledlow said...

Your coffee card is awesome Laurel! Perfect take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for playing!

01 09 10