Thursday, March 23, 2017

Inspired By 2

I love this springy photo (click on it for source)... now if only we would get some spring sunshine!  I'm looking forward to clipping some flowers from my garden... especially my forsythia and lilac.


I was pretty literal with my card... but I did challenge myself to NOT use pattern paper!  Believe it or not, it is a challenge for me :)  I love my patterns.  Yes I did sneak in a journal card from the Hello Lovely collection... but that is all.  The rest is cardstock.  First thing I did was create the text background with the Newspaper stamp by Papertrey Ink

I stamped and fussy cut most of the foliage from the Good Thymes stamp set then tucked in a branch die cut.  The jar is mounted on foam squares for some dimension.

I was inspired by the City Crafter challenge:

Also the Heart 2 Heart challenge: Background stamping... it is not all CTMH but I am working on it ;) 

Finally, playing along with:



Now I would love to see how you were inspired :)




10 comments:

Jennifer Kelly said...

Laurel I love your card. It's tough not to use patterned paper isn't it? Thanks for playing at H2H this week.

Stella said...

Wow wow wow. And again you created a jawdropper. I LOVE this colour palette and your design ia fab! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! I think it really captures your inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Jeanne said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Laurel. I do believe you when you say not using pattern paper is a challenge. I think you did an amazing job on this card. It's beautiful and spring like and has a wonderful sentiment. Wow!

~amy~ said...

We had sunshine yesterday!!!!!!!
LOVE your beautiful card.

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card for our challenge! Love your inspiration photo too! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Your card uses the window theme and I think stays inspired by the colors as well. Truly lovely card and I'm glad to have found you through the City Crafter Challenge Blog.

Lauren said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I thought that the background was paper at first, you have done a brilliant job of lining up the stamp. Thanks for joining us at H2H Challenges.

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your take on the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Brandi said...

Stunning! I love the colours, the mason jar, the window it is all great. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

Brandi R
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
H2H Design Team

01 09 10