Thursday, January 25, 2018

Inspired By...kitchen love

Welcome to the new Inspired By challenge and just a heads up.... starting in February the challenges will once again be hosted on the Inspired By blog.... be sure to follow the blog HERE to be kept updated... exciting things will be happening :)

Anyways, onto this week's inspiration:

Those colors just make my heart happy, what about you?
How are you inspired?

colors, kitchen, tea, hearts, retro, woodgrain... 

Once again, I have an amazing guest here today.  Amber Trubiak is so very talented and I am honored to have her.  Check out her fabulous creation!  I love it!  Please leave her some love, I'm sure she would love to have you visit :)


Thank you Amber for guesting this week!

For my project I too was inspired by the colors and created a little valentine gift and card for hubby using the Forever My Always collection by Pebbles.


To create the little box (which I filled with cinnamon hearts) I used an old journal card box as a template.  I have been saving the box as I knew one day it would come in handy and it did.  I just took the box apart, traced it onto cardstock then adhered the fun stuff on the front.

As always, I create my panel, then when complete I adhere it to the front.  Most of the items are from the ephemera pack in the collection.  I used a MFT die to cut out the XOXO.  I also fussy cut some of the hearts from pattern paper then stapled them onto the twine.

I also created a coordinating card.

That cute little stamp set is the We Go Together by Hero Arts... so many cute little images in the set.  Hubby will like this one, he likes his spicy foods. The XOXO in this case, was a square from the pattern paper.  I just cut it out, cut it apart then stapled it onto the card.

Playing along with:

Simon Says:  Layer it up



Now I can't wait to see what you create.  Remember... it can be anything made with paper!




11 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE the inspiration and ALL of the gorgeous projects!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! Laurel how exciting! I love the color combo and hope to play along! THANKS! You always inspire me! XX

Karen Day said...

Love this one! Gorgeous cards by you & Amber :o)

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, these are just adorable! LOVE these colors!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wonderful cards and color combo!! Love challenges, too!!

Jeanne said...

Looks great, Laurel. You do such a great job with the ephemera of collections. You have a great eye for design. These are terrific!

Teresa Kline said...

luv these laurel...aqua and red are gorgeous together...I need to use these colors soon...thanks for inspiring me once again! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Becca Sadler said...

Wonderful creations by you Laurel and your guest designer Amber! Kudos, ladies!

lisal said...

The principle effectiveness of a residential look that can assist you always keep, ready yourself as well as cause portions diet regime as well as in order to perform like undertakings as with dishwashing.genie blue max garage door opener

Suzane said...

The guideline viability of a private look that can help you generally keep, prepared yourself just as cause segments diet system just as to perform like endeavors similarly as with dishwashing.how to reset a motion light

Suzane said...

so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.how to reset a motion light

01 09 10